The area has many stakeholders that are willing to contribute to the shaping of the revitalisation of the area.
The South Mall has traditionally been the main office district in the city centre. Some new uses for some of the buildings are coming on stream, including shared work spaces, a hotel and educational uses.
The area is undergoing significant change including:
- The completion of the new 163 bedroom Maldron Hotel in December 2018.
- The completion of the new 50,000 sq ft office block at 85/86 South Mall later this year which will house 400 people.
- The full occupancy of One Albert Quay office development.
- The redevelopment of the landmark building at 1 Lapps Quay by UCC.
- After several years of vacancy,the iconic 97 South Mall (former bank and TCH building) has been purchased by JCD and will re-open as offices.
- The anticipated commencement of works on the Morrisons Island Public realm and flood relief scheme.
- Some new building uses such as the Republic of Work co-working space.
- The memorable Long Table dinner taking place on the street.
The completion later this year of 85/86 South Mall is one of the most significant new developments in
the traditional office district in many years and will add considerably to the vibrancy of the South Mall.
Key Future Project
Morrisons Island Public Realm
& Flood Relief Scheme