Cork City Centre is the place to be this June with a host of exciting events for all the family, both on land and water. These include all kind of races ranging from dragon boats to the tenth Cork City marathon. Another exciting addition this year is the first Soul music and food festival in our very own Victorian Quarter – in MacCurtain Street and surrounding area. Foodies will also be in heaven with the Cork and Kerry Food Forum which will take place in City Hall with tastings and demonstrations from over seventy artisan food producers.
Of course we also have two superb festivals taking place. First up is the Cork Harbour Festival which is a celebration of Irelands unique maritime heritage and culture. The festival features dozens of fantastic events for both landlubbers and seafarers. The fantastic Midsummer Festival also returns in the second half of June with a packed programme of unmissable shows, events and experiences. These include performances from a diverse range of visiting artists and home grown talent.
- Cork Harbour Festival – June 4-12 www.corkharbourfestival.com
- Soul in the city – Victorian Quarter – June 4-5 www.soulinthecitycork.ie
- Red Bull Soapbox Race – Patrick Hill – June 5th www.redbullsoapboxrace.com
- Cork City Marathon – June 6th www.corkcitymarathon.ie
- Cork Midsummer Festival – June 17-19, 21, 24-26 www.corkmidsummer.com
- Cork & Kerry Food Forum – City Hall – June 26-27 www.foodforum.ie